Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And that's something!

Day Two of our outing has commenced after what was a very trying day, both on the personal and professional fronts.  Little Miss And That's Something! is flapping her overworked gums at a volume that should only be used at sporting events and for crying out loud would you just PLEASE SHUT YOUR FREAKIN' PIE HOLE ALREADY???

(Note: If you were expecting sunshine and lollipops, you came on the wrong day.  Snark will flow tonight along with the hard cider.)

Hallelujah, the volume has decreased.  I suspect more fluctuations are in the works in direct proportion to the amount of wine she consumes.

So, yeah.  About my day...

Today started out as another typical slow day, no runs scheduled, and only busywork in the warehouse to occupy my time.  My job was to use the forklift to place the pallets of finished goods on the stretch-wrapping machine, remove the wrapped pallet, place it in the shipping area, repeat until done.

At least I got to drive something.

This took about an hour and a half out of my day.  My next assignment was to take our trailers out for their annual inspections, which all seem to be at least a year or so over due.  Oopsies.  We're doing one at a time, and when the one is done, we'll bring down the next one.  So, I got to get away for a little while, picked up some hardware I needed to fix one of the trailers (minor fix, had to reattach the handle for the landing gear), and grabbed lunch.  Should have been a lark, yes?

Oh no, dear reader.  The plot thickens.

Let's backtrack a little bit, back to when I went to "school" to get my Class A CDL.  There was a substantial amount of money that needed to be repaid, and part of the deal was that once hired on, the debt would be repaid through your settlements.  Well, they really can't deduct from my pay anymore, and all I was waiting for was a simple phone call from these people to make an equitable and reasonable payment schedule and all would be good and there would be wine and cake and we would all dance the night away...

Yeah, right.

Apparently, their way of reaching an equitable and reasonable payment schedule is to turn everything over to a freakin' lawyer and have this poor schmuck make the calls these people are too lazy to make themselves.  Such was the call I received this morning.  I am pleased to report that this guy wasn't a total asshat, and an agreement was reached. They wanted full payment to settle the claim, but there's about as much a chance of that happening as me being able to self-pleasure myself orally.  Sorry for the visual.

With all of this rattling around in my head, I was given another delivery.  Simple enough -- six pallets, place is about ten minutes down the road, and after that a pickup a little further away.  Yeah, simple...

... until right before I was to load up, when they noticed that each and every case was overpacked.  By one item.  Which meant that each and every case had to be unpacked, the errant item removed, the cases sealed and re-packed, and the extras packed into new cases and stacked.  Which meant that all of the paperwork now needed to be re-done, and now everything was running behind.

Joy and rapture.

So, once again, from a totally slow day I managed to get another hour and a half of overtime, which will be a big help in getting the stupid student loan settled.  And now I try to relax, now that Miss Flappy Gums (among other appendages YEAH I WENT THERE) has left the building and a calm has descended over all, as I sip my cider and let today melt into memory, leaving tomorrow as a blank slate.


1 comment:

  1. Gosh you sound like me on a day where everyone has done nothing but complain in a long day in HR. LOL LOL LOL

    I love it. AT least there is someone in the world besides me that doesn't feel bad about sharing their misery and "telling it like it is".

    I love that term "asshat". I have decided I know a few of those. Probably more than willing to admit or classify.

    HOpe all the flappy gums have settled down by now.

    Tomorrow will be a better day. :-)

    Good luck with all. I am in the last few weeks of a job and in the last few weeks of running a closing facility. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?