Sunday, April 1, 2012

This whole "free time" thing ...

The rest of the week went pretty well.  I am gradually getting the hang of things, and I proved to them that I am, indeed, certifiable when I successfully completed my forklift training.  There's already a few trailer loads booked for next week (one delivery and a week of pickups) along with whatever else comes up.

Wednesday was a pretty busy day and I was glad we picked a quick and easy dinner for that night.  On our shopping trip to the Target, we found a bag of Tyson's cheddar and bacon flavored chicken strips on clearance, and we made a plan for dinner based on that.  We had already planned on salad, which would be topped with the cooked chicken, and a mix of buffalo ranch dressing, and a cucumber ranch dressing to cut the heat of the buffalo ranch.  Top with some shredded cheese and there's our dinner -- The dressings blended well with each other and gave a nice buffalo-wing flavor to the chicken

The chicken on it's own isn't bad either, as I found out on Thursday.  Since Ms. Darkstar was doing her volunteer work that night, I had a dinner of clam chowder and the leftover chicken strips, with some cucumber ranch for dipping.

And, now it's the weekend.   Friday night was a trip to our favorite Indian restaurant, and then a trip to Central Market.  We wandered and looked at all of the wonderful things they had, and I wept silently as I realized I would have needed that half a billion Mega Millions jackpot to get everything I may have wanted at that store.  We went to the bakery and got a couple of cupcakes for our dessert (tiramisu cupcake for me, Nutella cupcake for Ms. Darkstar), and a jar of organic blood orange spread for breakfast this morning.

Saturday was our usual shopping and whatever day, dinner being a trip to get some barbecue that we hadn't had since before I left on my cross-country tour.  Tonight, a simple crock-pot pot roast dinner and pie for dessert.

I still have this feeling that I shouldn't be just sitting around, that I have work to do and I shouldn't be such a slacking slacker.  I'm sure that feeling will pass.  Right after I get the crock pot going.  Relaxation is a wonderful thing, and I intend to make the most of it.

I have six months of catching up to do, you know.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, so I suppose this would not be the time to mention the 6-month long "honey-do" list that I've compiled into an Excel Spreadsheet...

    Oh well... there will be time for that. And HEY! Why are you making blog posts when there's food to be cooked? Back to work, you!

    ReplyDelete

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?