Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Highs and lows

It's funny how much difference a few days can make at my new job.  Last week, I had something scheduled for each day, and a few other things cropped up as well.  This week has be excruciatingly slow, to the point that I spent the better part of today in the warehouse helping out with odd jobs.

It's still better than being out on the road, because I still get to go home every night, and even though it was slow, with last minute things I managed to get an hour and a half of overtime.

We're out at our usual hangout on Tuesdays, and the place is jammed full of people.  One of the candidates for county commissioner is holding a rally, or perhaps a thank-you to his volunteer staff, or maybe even conceding, I really don't know because I wasn't paying attention.

It's hard to think of things to write within a crowded, noisy space, so I'll put this aside for now.  I'm hoping I can think of something more substantial for my next entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?