Thursday, December 8, 2011

On to the next one

Friday will mark the ending of my second phase of training at the company, and after that I should be cleared to go out on my own.  It's been a long road, with lots of miles and lots of doubts, and yet I'm still here.

I am seriously hoping we'll get to return to the yard tomorrow after our drop-off.  My training partner hasn't been home in a couple of months and all I really need is to be home and just not having to be in a position of having to do something.  There will be things I want to do, like cook a belated Thanksgiving feast (with homemade stuffing) and cuddle the felines.  And, like last time, the days off will go by much too fast and I'll have to set off once again.

I've had a taste of winter already and I'm not looking forward to seeing more of it and more frequently.

For now, I relax, tomorrow we deliver our load, and after that ... the only good outcome is to return to the truck yard.  I'm not looking forward to, nor do I really want to, another load to pick up and deliver.

Until next time, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?