Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Riding Solo

Well, apparently I made it through the training and orientation processes without any major hiccups, and as of Friday I will be in a truck of my very own, heading out solo over the highways and byways of this great land of ours.

Events on the home front, however, have me questioning if this is going to work out.  At the moment, I will continue as normal and do the best I can under the circumstances, while at any free moment I will be exploring other options.  There was an option that popped up this morning and I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw my name in the mix and see what happens.  I know nothing's gonna happen by Friday but I figured I'd give it a shot.

The heading out and staying out for weeks at a time, while still somewhat difficult, has gotten better and the overwhelming sense of loneliness and isolation didn't hit me as bad on the last trip I took.  With Christmas coming up in a week and a half, and knowing I'll be on the road for that time, we'll see how things go this time around.

Anyway, there's preparations that need to be made and things that need to be done before I set off once again, so the next time I update I'll be somewhere other than home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?