Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cashing in my Daylight Savings

Once again, I'm back in Albuquerque.  I delivered my load yesterday, although I was asked to take a load to Denver but the truck that was supposed to meet up with me didn't make it on time.  There's another truck on the way with yet another load to Denver, and since that has to be there early in the morning and the other truck isn't due until early this evening, I'll be running all night to make the delivery time.

Better tonight than last night.  A persistent storm system kept dumping snow in the areas I would have had to travel through.  As you can see from the picture, we got a little bit overnight here as well.  By afternoon it should all be gone as the temperatures rise into the 60s.

I'm hoping for a journey into warmer temperatures.  My auxiliary power unit is not working right, meaning I can't run anything electrical or use the heater with the truck shut down.  The sooner this gets fixed, the better, but I'm preparing for lots of cold nights and lots of lost sleep as I get up periodically to run the truck to get some heat.

I have some other things to get caught up on before I try to nap, but I just wanted to throw a quick update here and hope everyone enjoys what's left of the weekend.  And, I want to give a special acknowledgement to Ms. Darkstar, for successfully evading the Grim Reaper for another year.

Enjoy your Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out. Hope you can get APU serviced after dropping in Denver. Hope you'll be able to keep warm til you get it serviced.

    Was supposed to rain here today, the sun is out now, though. I'll take it while I can get it.

    ReplyDelete

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?