Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GOD HATES PLANS-POSSLQs PLAN GOD LAUGHS

I was amazed at how smoothly things were going on this latest trip.  The load I was to pick up in Missouri was actually ready to go not long after I arrived at the shipper, and I was having no trouble making my time and sticking to my trip plan.  I had a southerly route planned to take me away from any potential snowy spots, so it appeared that there would be no real delays along the way.

So, if all is going so swimmingly, why the title above?

I was enroute to my next stop-off point when I got a message to call in.  They wanted me to repower a load going just over the border in upstate New York.  Right along the lake.  Just east of Erie, PA to be exact.  It delivers at 4 am.

I've been up since 5 am, I'm not even remotely sleepy, and I'm seeing snow all along the route for today and tomorrow.

So, new plan: I'm going to do some laundry (drying now, actually), get a shower, and see if I can't grab a few hours of a nap before setting off along the snow trail to wherever it is I have to be at the crack of I-can't-freakin'-believe-this-crap.

Should I make it intact, I'll write more when I can.

PS - I can go home soon, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?