Monday, February 20, 2012

Thawing out

It was a good thing I took yesterday's picture when I did, because the snow came in not long after.  We had waves of snow all through the day, which caused me concern because I had to run all night to make my first stop in Arizona and icy roads really tend to hamper progress. The roads were the worst through New Mexico and a little bit into Arizona, but they gradually got better and drier the further I went.  One more little ice patch in the mountains outside Flagstaff, and all after that was smooth sailing to this morning's delivery.

I'm spending today in Phoenix, since my available hours are up and I can't go anywhere until tomorrow.  Compared to what I was in for the past week, I'm really enjoying the warm weather.  I'll be staying more south on my run back to Texas, away from the ice and snow for at least a little while.

I took the opportunity to get a shower and I'll take advantage of the nice weather to get my truck cleaned up a little bit.  Granted, I've been up since 8 pm yesterday, but I need to get back into a "normal" sleeping pattern for this next run.  Tomorrow looks to be a hard-running day, slightly better Wednesday, and delivery Thursday.

I don't foresee any more chances to get internet tonight as this is a very busy truck stop and the signal at the truck leave a lot to be desired.  Next update will be when I have the chance to connect once again, probably tomorrow night at my rest stop.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?