Thursday, April 4, 2019

A to Z Challenge – D is for Deadlines


I’m sure many of us at one point in our lives have faced deadlines – whether personal, professional, or academic. Deadlines are one of those things that we dread, but somehow we still set, or have set, for ourselves. Finishing before the deadline gives one a sense of satisfaction, of having beaten the timetable and proven that the task was not insurmountable. Going past a deadline, however, can mean delays, lost revenue, failing grades … many things that make us feel defeated, shake our confidence, and either cause us to abandon our pursuit or resolve to try harder the next time.

I’ve faced many a deadline in my day. Get freight here by this date and time, complete this task before this time, miss the deadline and you’ll lose money … living under a time crunch constantly isn’t exactly the best thing in the world for your mental and physical health. I’ve been finding this out the hard way as I’ve gotten older.

However, I feel good because I managed to finish this post before the deadline I imposed upon myself for writing these, and despite all of my other worries and woes, I actually feel like I accomplished something.

Yay me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?