Saturday, April 6, 2019

A to Z Challenge – F is for Flustered


You probably know the feeling. Everything’s going along nice and smooth, not a problem on the horizon, and then … it all hits so fast and all at once, leaving you bewildered and unable to concentrate on which problem should be solved first. And it doesn’t stop as quick as it started either, oh no. You feel confused, nervous, excited, even agitated … you’re flustered.

Since I’ve started in dispatch, I had quite a few days where I felt like that. Usually, it just took one thing – one minuscule, fairly insignificant thing – and I’d be in over my head. I admit, things have become better now that they finally realized that two in the office are better than one, and it’s nice that I can actually learn something from my office mate, who has more experience on the loading dock end of the freight business, while I have more experience in terms of moving the freight. It’s been a learning experience for both of us. And, because of it, things are running smoother than they were before.

I have other things that have me flustered, mostly trying to navigate through the series of tests my doctor wants me to have versus how the heck I’m supposed to pay for it all because my insurance won’t cover most of what he wants done.

One thing at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?