Friday, April 5, 2019

A to Z Challenge – E is for Early


As I type this, it’s currently about 3:30 am. To some, that’s early. To me, that’s awfully late, considering I just got home from work a short time ago. I will wake up early in the afternoon, but to others it will seem late in the day.

In some ways, ‘early’ is a matter of perspective, depending on which side of the clock you’re on.

In other ways, as I was taught from a very early age, it was always goo to be early than late. I was trained to always plan to arrive somewhere well before the scheduled time I was supposed to be there, and in the case of all of the doctor visits I’ve been making lately, arriving early allows me to finish the mountains of paperwork that need to be done before I get to see a medical professional.

On Wednesday, being early worked out in my favor. I arrived about an hour ahead of my scheduled appointment, knowing the traffic around the area and anticipating the paperwork I would have to do. It seemed a prudent move, and much to my surprise, I was brought in well ahead of schedule and the entire procedure was complete before my true appointment time had arrived.

My experience on the highways has shown me that being taught the benefits of being early are lost on the current generation, as they rush around, arriving at the last minute, and thinking this is perfectly acceptable. I personally see being early as being able to relax, not having to rush around, having plenty of extra time to deal with delays that could set you back a good amount of time … why rush when you don’t have to?

And once again, I’ve finished my blog post early, well ahead of the scheduled posting time. Now, I can unwind a bit before heading off to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Laughing at myself commenting late in the day on your "early" post.

    I'm usually early for stuff by virtue of being afraid to be late. (And by virtue of usually being the passenger with you driving).

    ReplyDelete

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?