Monday, April 15, 2019

A to Z Challenge – M is for Monday


After basically sleeping away the weekend thanks to the colonoscopy and the plague I seem to have brought home from work, I feel a lot less like a hot, steaming deathcake with extra death sauce, but I’m not completely recovered yet. I should be able to make it through most of my day tomorrow, I hope … I really can’t afford to lose any more money.

I’ve had kind of a love-hate relationship with Mondays, usually based on what job I was doing at the time. Mondays with the postal service usually meant double the volume I would have to bring out to the post offices, because even though there’s no delivery on Sundays, the mail is still moving. There was usually a two-day lag, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays were lighter than average until the volume caught back up again.

In the job I do now, it’s hard to tell when volumes will spike or on what particular day will be the busiest. We basically end up playing it by ear and see what comes in. At most, we’ll spike a bit toward the end of the month/quarter/fiscal year as companies rush to get billable freight off their docks and into their revenue stream.

Given how I feel, I can only hope tomorrow will be somewhat merciful and I can actually make it through the night.

Assuming I don’t cough up a major organ in the meantime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, now that you know my thoughts, what are yours?